A few years ago I’d bought a necklace on sale from Jacquie E and never actually wore it. I just found it a bit blah, and even though I love the shape the colour didn’t do anything for me and didn’t go with any of my outfits.
If only there was a way to change the colour… wait a minute… there is! Nail polish! Before jumping into painting the fake gemstones with polish and possibly ruining it all I Googled to make sure it was doable and sure enough there are a million posts from DIY blogs where they’ve used polish to revamp their jewellery. Perfect!
Step by Step instructions
- make sure you lay some newspaper down before you start painting in case of any spillage
- a white nail polish is important to give you a clean base to start with.
- make sure you let the nail polish dry between coats
- you will need to do several coats with your chosen colour (mine was Essie Absolutely Shore) to get a fully opaque coverage. I did 4 coats but I may end up doing another coat as I can still see the dark gemstones on some parts.
- optional – finish with a layer of top coat.
Have you ever tried to revamp your jewellery with nail polish?