DIY your own nailpolish with eyeshadow By Lilit
Via: Makeup and Macaroons
As you’ve probably figured out by now, I’m quite enjoying craft and DIY at the moment. When I have any energy left in between work (can’t wait for maternity leave to start), house stuff and dragging an 8 month preggy belly around I look for quick and easy DIY projects that I can do. After seeing this post on Delighted Momma, I knew I had to give this one a go as it looked very simple and didn”t require much energy.
How to make your own nail polish with eyeshadow
- You can use a clear nail polish or even a clear top coat. I used a half full bottle of top coat which I was no longer using.
- Make sure you crush the eyeshadow until you get a fine powder so it mixes well in the polish.
- How much eyeshadow you add depends on the pigmentation of the product you’re working with. Don’t be afraid to mix your colours too!
- How long the mixed polish will take to dry, or last on your nails, will depend on the quality of the clear polish base. Because mine was an old top coat that was getting gluggy, it took about 15 minutes between coats.
- You can even use this same technique to create your own glitter top coat, just add glittery eyeshadow to the clear base.
Hope you enjoyed this very simple and quick DIY nail polish! Let me know what you think.