Winter chill got you down? Warm up with makeup! We’ve got the best eye tutorial to help you sizzle through the coldest of seasons. Warning: This look is solid gold!
- Step 1: Use a primer. Start with a neutralizing primer on the lids like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to create a smooth base. Then, using a classic blending brush, apply a gold eye shadow shade (we used NYX Baked Shadow in Lavish) to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Step 2: Line With A Gel Pencil. Apply a thick cat eye to your upper lid using a black, gel eyeliner. As you wing out the liner, extend it past the crease of your eye and buff it out slightly using a pointed blending brush. Line your lower lash line as well, focusing on the outer half of the eye.
- Step 3: Layer On A Cream Shadow. Using a flat shadow brush, layer a highly pigmented, gold cream shadow onto lids. Try the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow in Bold Gold.
- Step 4: Create A Smoky Shape. Using a small, flat shadow brush, blend out the black liner from your bottom lash line with a dark brown shade for added dimension. Then, smudge for a more intense, smoky effect! Add the gold eye shadow shade to the inner corners of your lower lash line as well.
- Step 5: Add The Finishing Touches. Swipe a matte bronzer onto cheekbones and a nude lipstick on your lips. Then top with a gold lip gloss in the middle of your lips and you’re golden — literally!