Do you only have a few minutes and need attention-getting eye makeup? Use these steps for fast and easy drama.
- Prepare your eyelids with an eye primer to create an oil-free surface for your makeup.
- Apply eyeliner in the same shade as the overall eye shadow color you are using. When drawing the line, make it thicker at the middle of the lash line.
- Use a lighter eyeliner color for the lower lash line, and smudge it with a little bit of your shadow.
- Dust a light, shimmery eye shadow base color from lash line to brows, and add a darker shadow below the crease, blending at the lash line until the liner is no longer visible.
- Apply several coats of mascara on both the upper and lower lashes.
Utilize these tips for bold eyes:
- When applying eyeliner, extend the line a little beyond the outer corner of the upper lash line, and sweep it slightly upward.
- To keep the attention on your dramatic eyes, wear nude lip gloss, and stay away from bright lipstick shades such as red or pink.
- After applying your eye makeup, touch up the area around and underneath your eyes with a quality concealer. This will help you cover up any smudges of makeup that got in places where they shouldn’t be and help keep your eye makeup looking fresh and professionally done.
Bold, Beautiful Eyes
Dramatic eye makeup can enhance your look for a variety of occasions Wear it for fun evenings out, perhaps when you next go dancing at your favorite club or have an after-hours work soiree to attend. Remember it’s typically best to reserve an attention-getting eye look for evenings; but for formal events such as weddings it’s best to stick to a more classic style. Using heavier eyeliner, darker eye shadow, and an extra coat or two of mascara can help create a bold and fun look that keeps all eyes on your eyes — just make sure to do a trial run with your new look before wearing it out on the town.