Finding the best eye shadow for green eyes and red hair involves more than just plunking down your cash for the latest eye makeup. It’s no secret that cosmetics look best when they’re suited to your personal features, and women with this distinctive combination of eye and hair color have many options to create a stunning look.
Best Eye Shadow Colors for Women with Green Eyes and Red Hair
Color is key when it comes to cosmetics, and it’s as important to have the right hues on your eyes as well as your face, cheeks, and lips. Keep in mind, however, that sometimes the most original and beautiful looks have been discovered by breaking makeup “rules”, so don’t be afraid to experiment with various colors and shades to find a new look.
Base and Brow Colors
Women with green eyes and red or auburn hair traditionally have fair-to-medium skin with a warm undertone, but your skin may be darker or have pinker undertones. Those with darker skin can use deeper bronzes and dark greens, while those with paler skin may find brownish pinks and medium purple shades more complementary. Good base eye shadow and brow bone colors include shades of:
- Soft purples
- Pale violets or lilacs
- Light greens
Crease and Accent Colors
Crease or accent colors can be darker shades. Good eye shadow colors for the green eye/red hair combination include shades of these colors:
- Chocolate or mocha
- Charcoals or grays with purple undertones
- Burnt colors
For green eyes on the hazel side, golds, greens, and green-yellow shadows can work well. For brighter and true red hair tones, orangey-coppers and chili pepper shadow hues can complement your overall look.
Specific Brand Colors for Red Hair/Green Eyes
A few brand colors to experiment with might be:
- Pop Beauty Eye Cakes offer five eye shadow shades in one tin formulated for your eyes and the look you want. For green eyes, they offer a more neutrally-shaded tin for natural looking eyes, a cake of greens and browns formulated for most green eyes and an aqua-hued tin for bright green eyes.
- Aromaleigh’s v2 has several shadow colors perfect for green eyes. Look for Shaula and Regulus in their Starry Night collection or Little Green Elves and It’s My Party in their Holly-Days collection.
- Almay Intense I-Color Shimmer-I Kit offers a lovely trio of shades formulated for green eyes to create the look you want.
- DuWop Eyes has a green-based color palette made just for green eyes. Included are six shades ranging from chartreuse to deep green, with a cream and gold liner that is sure to make your eyes pop.
Find the Right Colors for You
Sometimes the easiest way to find the best eye shadow for green eyes and red hair that work with your personal skin tone is to try some on. Visit your local cosmetics counter to sample some of their shades, or purchase some inexpensive shadow colors at your local drugstore and get the opinions of your family and friends. Most of all, have fun finding the eye shadow that works best for you.